Mission Match® Overview
Mission Match is a project of empty tomb®, inc.
Mission Match is designed to encourage historically Christian congregations in the U.S. to increase the amount they spend on missions as a portion of total congregational spending.
Congregations can qualify for Mission Match funds if:
- The congregation is historically Christian* and is located in the U.S.
- The congregation applies to reserve Mission Match funds before the funds to be matched are raised.
- The congregation's mission project is international or, if in the U.S., focused on low-income people, and is to be carried out in Jesus' name. See the Guidelines for full details.
- The congregation plans to raise the funds to be matched through intentional giving by people in the congregation. Note: Fundraising proceeds from special events, such as auctions, walkathons, or car washes, cannot be matched. See the Guidelines for full details.
The goal is to increase giving among people in the congregation, with the additional giving going to missions.
Mission Match is designed to match "Expanded Mission Money" raised by increased giving within a congregation for a specific mission project that the congregation has named.
- Review the Procedures to apply for a Mission Match matching contribution.
- Submit your Application with related materials.
- See a sample completed Application.
- Contact us with your questions.
Think Bigger. Think Mission Match®
* The definition of "historically Christian" includes that combination of believers with a historically acknowledged confession of the faith (for example, Anabaptist, Baptist, Catholic, Evangelical, Fundamental, Lutheran, Mainline, Methodist, Orthodox, Protestant, Pentecostal/Charistmatic, and Reformed communions). See the Guidelines for a more comprehensive discussion.Back to top